Saturday, August 25, 2012

Some Thoughts on Me

I know this is an art blog....but, it's also a journal of sorts, because I stink at keeping up with those things. I could go months without writing, so hopefully this blog will help me out a little bit. Today's post is a journal post.

So, I have many good qualities. I pride myself on the fact that I am kind and considerate and for the most part a decent human being. I avoid contention; I let others have their way so that I can eliminate drama before it starts; I give without complaining. However, this good quality can be confused for one that's not so great quite easily. A pushover. Yah, not cool. Sometimes I worry that I don't stick up for myself enough, that I let others walk all over me because its easier than showing people I have feelings. It's really silly I know, but it's something that really bugs me. I just need to remember that I do the things I do because I care about others and not because I have no self confidence and need other's praise to feel good about myself. I am also a quiet person who doesn't need to push my way into every conversation. I am fine sitting in the background, taking it all in, and I don't mind always being the last one if it makes someone else feel better to be first. I am a strong confident woman who makes her own choices in life, and I am happy. Sometimes it's tough to remember, but it's the truth so I should not let it be forgotten!

Anyway, sorry, I just had to get some thoughts down. In the spirit of art here is a picture of an old photograph I just made into a poster with the help of Staples and my ever faithful internet. I quite like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment