Saturday, December 8, 2012

Finals and Greek Yogurt

Let finals begin in 3...2...1

I am in a mad scramble to finish up the last of my head drawings, to pull out one last watercolor portrait that will bump my A- up to an A, and to study like a mad woman for my final light and sound test. Being the smarty pants that I am I tested out of my art history final (smart? yah right. more like this would be my 4th art history class and I have all the names down easy). I have yet to put pants on today, but I guess that's ok when all you do is homework. I plan on posting my final head drawing portfolio, which frankly I am quite proud of. I only have one more assignment for that class and I am hoping overall I will end with a solid B...or at least that's the wish. I feel like if I got a B on every single assignment ever in that class it should at least merit a B for the final right? right??? Well if not I had at least better pass because taking that class again would probably be the death of me.

Through all of the chaos mentioned above I am trying to maintain a happy finals week and I think I have found the answer. My first semester I thought the solution to success was buying three bags of sugar filled candy that would keep me up all night so I could work on homework. After quickly realizing that that is possibly the worst idea ever I decided that sleep was the option, sooooo I slept...all day....and did homework at night. That is also a horrible solution. Finally, now, in my third semester, I have found the golden ticket to a happy finals week: healthy eating and being in bed by 12am (NO DUHHHH right!). But really, it is workin like a charm. Today's menu included this little bowl of magic:
Chobani Greek yogurt, pomegranate seeds, and clover honey. Best. Thing. Ever. I think I've had like four bowls of it already. Now, I know what you are thinking. I am a poor college student and this sounds kinda expensive, but listen, here's how I did it. I waited until the pomegranates went on sale- 2 for $5; then I invested in some Greek yogurt-I would buy a big container of just plain vanilla because it's cheaper and even though the little containers look more college student friendly, it's yogurt so it will last you for quite a while; then I borrowed my roommate's honey-but I think you can buy it pretty cheap at Walmart if you get the Great Value brand. Tadaaaa! A healthy delicious snack that will make you happy and willing to sit down in front of a computer screen and study for the next ten hours. And the plan is to head to bed soon too, so I am one happy camper. Bring it on finals week! I can take you any day!


No comments:

Post a Comment