Sunday, January 6, 2013

That awkward moment when my computer decides to hate me.

Well hi! Do you even remember me? I'm that girl who took a kind of unexpected and looooong break from the internet. Believe me it wasn't my choice! My computer got an unfriendly little virus and decided it didn't want me to use google anymore...so I let it be mean for a while, and then decided enough was enough and got that bad boy taken care of.

So, Christmas break was fun! Four weeks of pure heaven if you ask me! Because it's been so long I will just give you the quick run down of what went on in the Palmer house over the break.


  • Started things off bad with a horrible drive down from Rexburg which included falling asleep while driving, being pulled over by a cop, hydroplaning, trying to get gas in Salt Lake in the middle of a storm and bad traffic, and driving through fog so thick I couldn't see the cars in front of me. Bad bad drive!
  • Recovery from said drive after a long nap and a quick read of the Hobbit.
  • Going to see the Hobbit!!! Twice!!! And Les Mis!!! So good!!!
  • Wasting my days away with books, sleep, and a lot of friend time.
  • Waking up on Christmas morning to snow and presents and family!
  • Bird watching in the backyard with my dad-at one time there were 12 doves under the feeder!
  • Many many Christmas parties with food and old friends and grandma!
  • Partying it up on New Year's with sparkling cider and board games.
  • Starting the new year off right with my 20th birthday!!!!!!!!!! 20 guys. 20!
  • And the food. Ohhhhh the food! Homemade caramel, peanut brittle, See's chocolates, homemade bread, pinoche, fudge, soup, chicken bacon wraps, pie, cheeseball, spring rolls, wontons, Cafe Rio, peppermint popcorn, and everything else that was so amazingly delicious!
  • Finishing the break off strong with a sledding trip with Caitlin and a midnight Wendy's run with Audrey-our specialty.
As you can see the days were packed, and I feel almost fully recovered from last semester. Almost ready for this new crazy one coming up...but not quite ready. I want to explain how my head drawing class all worked out tomorrow, because some things came out good and some bad. I also took a lot of pictures so enjoy my horrible photography skills:)
Packing to head home...obviously I love my neutrals.
I had to take a picture of my mom's sewing room because it is so cute and I got to live in it for four weeks!

Peanut Brittle Bowls!!!!!!!!
The snow began to fall...

...until everything was covered and covered good! More snow than I saw all of last year combined!

Doves are my favorite, and it made me terribly happy to see so many of them in our backyard at one time.
I turned 20 and my daddy made me a cake! He is so cool!

Well that's it for the break. Off to classes and cold morning hikes up to campus and long hours of homework and hot chocolate. 2012 you were a beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment