Saturday, November 17, 2012

Star Wars, Twilight, and pre-Christmas excitement

Hello! This weekend has been a relaxing one, so I only have one thing to show you. I finished my watercolor of Han Solo, but decided to use it just as a practice because I like the end result, but I don't love it. It also doesn't look exactly like him and I feel that since I am taking a head drawing class for heaven's sake I should be able to paint something that looks just like the actual person.
Yah, you can see that I had difficulties with the face. I do love the texture I gave him though! I wanted the whole thing to have a very galaxy-ish feel to it, so I used salt to make some cool patterns on his vest and background.

On a completely unrelated note I went and saw Breaking Dawn part 2 yesterday night. It was epic! Let me just say that as much as people hate the Twilight Series, I love them, and always will. You have to admit that it was a captivating read even if it was cheesy and Bella was a depressing/pathetic female lead. The movies tended to reflect the books. I loved the second book and I loved the second movie. All the other ones were a bit silly. I also love the second half of the last book, and I love the second part of the last movies. It was quite a finale and they included the one scene that I wished the book would have included, plus they did it in a way that was captivating and exciting. Way to end on a high note Twilight! I am impressed! So, go see it...or don't...but don't refuse to go see it because everyone is saying it's lame and you want to fit in even though you secretly love it. That is stupid, and it proves you can't think for yourself.

Alright, I think that's enough of my rambling. Have a happy Saturday! Only a few more days until Thanksgiving! It's almost time for Christmas songs (yes I am one of those people who refuses to have anything to do with Christmas until after Thanksgiving)! And finally be excited because this December is going to be epic in the movie department. Monsters Inc 2, Great Gatsby, Les Mis, Life of Pi, and The Hobbit...don't mind if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment