Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Danny Roberts

It's Wednesday which means I get to share a favorite artist with you! Be excited because today is gonna be good!
I figure it's about time Danny Roberts got a proper introduction. He is the inspiration for this blog and truthfully the reason I am so passionate about art. I discovered his blog two and a half years ago and I can't even remember how I stumbled upon it. As cheesy as this sounds I was struggling with myself at the time and his work showed me what I want to do with my life. He only got serious about doing artwork around four years ago and in those four short years has really improved his style. His designs are simple, but beautiful, and I feel like he can capture the feeling of a photo with just the colors he uses. I LOVE his artwork. Last post I showed off the mural he did for Tiffany and Co. Today I want to show off his latest artwork, a stopmotion video he did for IMG Models. It only took him three days!

It just makes me feel good. Especially all the candy and color grouped art materials. It also makes me want a giant coloring book.
His blogger portrait series and series on love are my favorite, but he is also currently writing a book and the fairytale style of the illustrations for it are really really good. His ink drawings remind me a lot of my own style!

Aren't they just perfection! I love all of it! If you want to check him out his blog is called Igor + Andre and I highly recommend taking a look. For reals though, you will be sad you didn't. Anyways, hope you are having a good day. I just bought a yellow jcrew bubble necklace so mine is going pretty good haha. Ok loves byyyyyye!

No comments:

Post a Comment