Wednesday, September 26, 2012

David Weidman: my new best friend

Be still my heart, I have found my calling in life. Here's the story:
So I was walking through the Spori building today(Art) and decided I would take a look in the gallery with my extra hour, so I did, and I found something pretty special! David Weidman ma friends. How have I never heard of him or seen his work? He's like a kindred spirit that I never got to know. He specializes in serigraphy(screen printing), and pretty much rocks at it. We're talking children's illustrations with little animals and pretty patterns and bright colors. I think I want to be as cool as him when I grow up. My favorite print of his is called Pacifica, but sad day I couldnt find any images of it online. I will have to take a picture of it in the gallery because you have to see how amazing it is. Anyways, take a look!


Sooooo good! I have always wanted to do illustration with blockprints and this just proves that it can be done, and it can be done good! I feel like it's my calling in life haha. I could do church scenes and storybooks and oh so many things! Oh man I am on a new high right now guys. I love those moments when all your hopes and dreams just come true and you know that maybe you could have a shot at something in life. I think it calls for brownies. Yep, brownies it is! And here for the last photo before I head off to make something delicious, warm, and gooey, this is the cute poster hanging outside the gallery. The fact that he can make birds look that fun and quirky just makes me love him ten times more. Thank you David, can I call you David? I feel like we should be on a first name basis. Anyways, you have cheered up my life and I am grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment