Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Sketchbook

Hello there. Can I just say that I hate packing up for school. It has to be one of the worst things ever. I think this year I am just going to throw everything into my car and deal with it when I get up to Rexburg. And I think I will treat myself to a giant peach gelati at Cary Anne's afterward because I already know this whole thing is going to be painful.
Anyway, I want to share some sketchbook stuff today. This was actually done about a year ago, but my days are getting busier, so you get to see some old stuff.

I love all three of these drawings! The one on the left is my favorite because it looks like she is trying to ignore the fact that her mascara is running and that there is a stack of pancakes on top of her head. Random I know. The middle drawing reminds me of Peter Pan...not sure why....but maybe it's because this is the expression I imagine Wendy had when she realized she had to let go of Neverland. The bird on the right is also a favorite frankly because she looks like she doesn't give a darn that she has a unicorn horn on top of her head and a bullseye on her chest. She also doesn't care that she can't fly...who needs to fly anyway?

















 
The owl on the left is an image I found on pinterest. The owl on the right is my attempt at trying to recreate that owl with a little bit of my own style. I made him longer and less detailed, but I like the end result. One of my favorite things to do is recreate other's work as practice for when I draw my own ideas.
For those of you who don't use a sketchbook, start one! I hated sketchbooks for years and now it is the one place I can really put down what i'm thinking. It is purely me and all of my random ideas and thoughts. It's better than any journal I have ever kept!
 Well, I think that's all for today, but I promise to show more later. Before I go let's just all take some time to drool over Danny Robert's finished mural for Tiffany and Co. in New York City! It is probably the most beautiful thing ever and someday I swear I will get a picture standing in front of it! k loves bye


No comments:

Post a Comment