Friday, September 28, 2012

Fridays are good

Today was a good day, although most of my Fridays usually are, but still today was a good day. I went to class and had one of the most interesting and mind blowing discussions yet. It was about light....yep light. So I totally didn't know this, but light is a particle, or photon, that moves in a wave formation, so you could call light a substance. Then we talked about the Book of Mormon (if you don't know what that is look it up and it will change your life) and how God is the source of all light. Light is also said to equal truth, which is what blew my mind. Many people have said that you can see the light in a person, specifically a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have heard that we glow with happiness and inner beauty, but I just figured this was a nice way of saying that we are righteous. Oh no, we are literally filled with light when we have the "light of Christ" inside us. Our spirits literally glow brighter! Hence the pillar of light that always surrounds Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ, or any spiritual being for that matter. It's so crazy to think about! And then we started talking about traveling through light, and just a heads up this is not doctrine, but its cool to think about. How is it that God is able to travel all over the universe (because we know there are other worlds out there and he is a part of them), and how was he able to appear to Joseph Smith in the sacred grove? What if it is the light? What if this amazing substance is what transports our spirits? I dont know, but maybe, just maybe that could be a part of it. Of course I wont know for a long long time, but it's an interesting thought. So yah, sorry for this long drawn out theory of mine, but I thought it was worth sharing.
Ok so second best part of the day: naptime!!! I rarely get naps anymore with classes that go until 5pm, but on Friday's I get a whole day to sleep and sleep and sleep some more! Sleep is such a great thing people. It does wonders for my attitude.
Third best part of the day: I watched three hours of How I Met Your Mother and heard one of the best lines in tv history. Warning, if you don't watch this show you will probably think this is stupid, but I love it so here it is:
Ted (to Barney): "Dude, do not pretend you're not the kind of guy who keeps a list of all the girls he slept with!"
Marshall: "I have one. It's called my marriage license." (insert Lily and Marshall high fiving with totally straight faces) Marshall and Lily for the win! Those two are my favorite no matter what people say!
Ok this post is forever long, but here's the last best part of the day: grilled cheese. Oh how wonderful it is to eat grilled cheese and tomato basil soup in your pajamas with all of your awesome roommates sitting around you and the fall chill making everything feel cozy and warm. Perfect ending to my perfect day. Oh and I almost forgot! My cousin got her mission call.....Baltimore Maryland! And all I can think of is Hairspray haha!
So yah, here's to the longest post yet and to happy Fridays! I hope everyone else had a great one too. Before I finish here is the picture of that print Pacifica that I oh so sneakily took a picture of in the Spori gallery only to turn around on my way out and see that photography is actually allowed. Oh well, I was gonna get that picture anyway. Alright I think that's it. K loves bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment