Saturday, September 22, 2012

Beatus Est Pisciculus

I feel like there is something you all should know...I like fish. Not to eat, not to look at, but to draw? Yes. They are my go to subject matter of choice. When in doubt draw fish. They won me the senior year t-shirt competition, they gave me my first concentration for AP art when I was two months behind schedule, they took over my sketchbook, and made my first block print. I think it is safe to say that without them my success as an artist would not be so much success as it would be failure. In fact, I think they will make my career. Now, knowing how much they mean to me I don't think it will surprise anyone to find out that I will be painting fish for my very first watercolor composition. I struggled for three days trying to figure out what would be a safe way to start this new medium and you know what brought me comfort? Fish.  Yep, two little fishies are going to come to life once again. I promise to show the finished product....that is if it looks good. It might look really really terrible, because like I said, I have never watercolored before. But who knows, maybe they will come out great! Anyways, while I work away today you can look at some of my previous fish. It started years ago when I tried redrawing some of the talented James Christensen's fish because his are the best fish in existence, and then I proceeded to come up with my own. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment