Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Baroque

I am currently studying for an epic Art History test on the Baroque Era, so I only have time for a short post.
 This is my favorite still life of all time! And it comes from the Baroque Era which is my all time favorite era of art ever! I feel like everything created during this time period was absolutely amazing and so dramatic. This image sums up the whole era perfectly. The detail in the fruit, the influence of Caravaggio, the lack of religious symbolism, the colors, everything shows the beauty that was this time period.
Seriously, just look at that melon! Feast your eyes on that skill! If one day I can paint even a third of that good, my life will be complete, and it will probably be in the next life so yah haha. Anyways, I have to go, but if you are ever bored just look up some of the Baroque artists and be entertained because they are amazing! Caravaggio, Rubens, Bernini, Rembrant, Vermeer (Vermeer!!!!!!!!!!!), Velasquez, Ruysch, and Steen to name a few. k loves bye

No comments:

Post a Comment