Sunday, October 28, 2012

Missin my microns

Hey there! Happy Almost Halloween! Only a few more days and I think this year I am gonna be Frida Kahlo. Expect pictures:)

So, I got three compliments at church today, and all three were about how strategically I put my outfit together. So, starting from the bottom: black boots, mint tights, green skirt, black belt, black shirt, cream cardigan, mint necklace. Yah, I didn't realize you could be strategic when you put clothes on, but now I realize I do it all the time! I totally balance all my colors! I think this is why I can pull together a decent outfit even with my zero sense of style hahaha.

Yesterday I decided to take a break from my watercolors and pull out the old linoleum print block and carving tools. I was tired of doing the same thing day after day so, although I have no printing press or ink, I decided to carve myself something fun. Three hours, two insanely sore arms, and one movie later this was born:


I know it's nothing fancy, in fact it's quite small and simple, but I kinda like it and can't wait until I can print it (not sure when that will happen)! I know the lighting is bad, but I wanted you to see the texture.

I also started getting homesick for my micron pens-because you can totally get homesick for art supplies-and  pulled out the sketchbook. Unfortunately I couldn't find my micron pens so, ten minutes, four Mumford songs, and one prismacolor marker later this was also born:
This is an old highschool friend, Tori. She is supes pretty and supes cool and we took art classes together way back when (really it hasnt been that long, only two years). This is a super super rough sketch, but I plan on making a watercolor of her eventually. Isn't her hair fantastic! Some faces just need to be painted. You will probably see a few more drawings of her because her face is one of my favorites! Anyways, I think that's it for today. Have a good one! bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment