Monday, October 22, 2012

Movie Magic

Hi there! I hope everyone had a good Sunday! Mine was quite fabulous mostly because I got to wear mustard colored tights to church and because I took an afternoon nap where I had one of those really awesome dreams that just makes you all happy inside. It was quite the afternoon!

I also happened to watch Mirror Mirror for the first time today and really really loved it. Now, it has its awkward supposed to be funny but really isn't all that funny moments, but I feel like overall it was a success. It had some of the coolest artistic elements I have ever seen and one of the things I love most about movies is the artistry behind them. So, that's what I want to talk about today! Three of my absolute favorite movies/movie directors!

1. Baz Lurhmann. I talked about him a little bit ago, but if you need a refresher he is the genius behind Romeo and Juliet, Australia, Moulin Rouge, and (soon in theaters!!!!!) The Great Gatsby! Yah it doesn't get much better than this guy. He has a way with color and music and casting that I just fall head over heals for. His movies just leave me feeling inspired ya know? I also want to paint every single still image I see from his films, because most of them look like a piece of art already. Take a look!




 Beautiful right! I love all of it!

2. Hayao Miyazaki. I know anime can be a hate or love art form, but I have chosen to embrace it. Not all of it, and no I don't go crazy over it, but yes I do collect Hayao Miyazaki movies because they are beautiful and enchanting and are usually filled with the strangest assortment of characters. His movies are definitely worth your time! They remind me of Cirque du Soleil a lot of the time, or my favorite fairy tale books. Even if anime is really really not your thing the stories are beautiful too! Here are some of my favorite images from his different movies.




3. Last, but not least, is this sweet little movie Mirror Mirror, which has captured my heart with its bizarre costumes. Get ready for some of the most amazing dresses you have ever seen!







Ahh it is just perfection! This link at the bottom of the photos is a link to the end dance scene where you really get to see just how quirky and beautiful all of the dancing and costumes are. Soooo beautiful! I would give anything to wear the queen's huge white dress! Eiko Ishioka, the costume designer for Mirror Mirror really outdid herself! I think she is my new favorite haha!

So now you have seen a few of my favorite artistic movies. I guess I just love being able to come away from a movie with a desire to create art. Films have taken the place of paintings in today's modern art world, and I love that I can recognize this and use this to my advantage. Expect to see some future artworks to come from all three of these different pieces, because I plan on making some! Have a wonderful Monday....Ha! k loves bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment