Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Watercolors for the WIN!

Hello there. Today the temperature of the air changed from the last warmth of summer to the first chill of winter. It was a little bit depressing....and it might have made me a little bit sad. But it's okay because winter means thick knit scarves and fun coats and lots of layers and all of those things make up for that darn cold!

Anyways, on a topic not related to the weather, I know I promised to show pictures from my head drawing class way back when, but unfortunately it took me a lot longer to actually get my work back than I thought it would, and I am a little bit ticked at my teacher right now, so I guess I am not in the mood to post about it. Sorry, that was a long run-on sentence! Instead let's talk about my watercolor class. This class is amazing! Seriously, sooooo amazing! It is making me want to major in illustration again, which is something I thought I would never go back to, but it's comin back...and strong! I know it is kinda petty, but I feel like I am one of the top students in that class. I feel like my work is good work and that I can portray my ideas much more easily than in most of my other classes. I also feel more connected to the people, like my opinions matter more and that my critiques are actually helpful. It has been just grand! I just finished my second project, a still life, so I will let you take a look.
I know the tiles are a little bit off and that some of the pieces are missing their shadows, but I am going to go back in and add some more details so don't you worry! I sort of have this new goal to do huge watercolors of my family's cabin on Navajo Lake, and fantastic fantasy pictures, and so many great things! Seriously, I had no idea watercolors could be so cool! It's like painting, only I can actually do it. So yep, there's that.

Before I head to bead let me just say that ebay has become my new addiction and if anyone knows a cure I will happily pay up. Oh, and I think delicious food can make any long day of school better. Curse you free shipping and bless you vodka sauce and pecan pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment