Monday, October 8, 2012

old sketches of my favorite bloggers

Nothing much happened today. I worked away on another drawing and have been wasting time trying to avoid a watercolor I am doing. Unfortunately it is due tomorrow and is one of the most boring subject matters for me. Architecture. Sorry if you are into that stuff, but I am not, and painting buildings just seems like torture. On an exciting note I bought myself a pair of new winter boots in the hopes that my feet will stay warmer this year. So, since there is nothing to talk about except my online shopping addiction and my boring daily activities I guess I will share some old sketchbook stuff.
If any of you read The Daybook this is Sydney. She is pretty cool! I did this super quick ink sketch of her about three years ago when I first discovered her blog. I debated about sending it to her, but quickly abandoned that idea after fearing she would think I was some kind of creepy stalker. Ink pens are my favorite things to doodle with. They allow you to get a lot of texture in a simple drawing, and are permanent enough to teach you how to really look at an object in order to put down quick confident lines with no need to erase.
This was done about the same time as the image above. It is a super rough sketch of my favorite Jane Aldridge from the amazing blog Sea of Shoes. Unfortunately I can't find the picture of her in this red scarf, but I will keep looking!

So, I think that is all for today. I really should get on that homework. Hope you have an awesome day tomorrow! loves, bye

No comments:

Post a Comment